Friday 24 January 2014

Giant eel bites massive chunk off diver's face

ENDA DOWLING – 13 JULY 2013 07:00 AM

A DIVER is "extremely lucky to be alive" after a giant conger eel bit a huge chunk out of his face.

Jimmy Griffin (48), an experienced deep sea diver for over 20 years, got into difficulties as he made his way back from an expedition in Killary Fjord, Connemara, Co Galway.

"Suddenly I got hit with what felt like a really strong punch in the face," Mr Griffin told the Herald. "I felt like a rag doll. It gripped onto my face and threw me about violently. It was biting, pulling and twisting on my face," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis