Wednesday 31 July 2013

Frenchman survives crocodile head bite

Not many can say they had a fight with a crocodile and won. But a Frenchman lived to tell the tale after a crocodile clamped his jaws around his head when he was swimming in the sea in Australia.

A French deckhand Monday admitted he was lucky to be alive after escaping with bite wounds when a crocodile latched onto his head in northern Australia.

Yoann Galeran, 29, had swum out from shore to retrieve a moored dinghy after dark at Nhulunbuy on Sunday when the two-metre (6.5 feet) saltwater croc attacked, grabbing him by the head and rolling him in the water.

"I just feel that I've been lucky and I just think if it was a bigger crocodile, I maybe wouldn't have any head," he told ABC radio.

"I was swimming, and maybe four or five metres from the boat, I just feel like rocks hitting on my head and something strong and I just realise (it was) a croc," he added.

"I just had the feeling that if I want to fight for my life, I just need to move all my body as much as I can.

"He just hit me on the top, on the left side, and on top of my neck and tried to push me down in the water. I punched him anywhere."

After fighting off the beast, he managed to scramble to safety aboard the dinghy and make it to shore where he was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment to bite marks to his head, neck and shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis