Wednesday 19 January 2011

Post readers help save Smokie sight

Jan 12 2011

A Gnosall pensioner has thanked Stafford Post readers for helping him to raise funds to save his dog’s sight.

And thanks to a raft of generous donations, the wheels have been set in motion for little Smokie to finally get the operation he needs to remove cataracts from both eyes.

Since 81-year-old Geoff Arrowsmith found out his dog was going blind, he has been frantically trying to raise the cash for a £2,000 operation to save the pet’s sight. And donations have been pouring in from mystery benefactors over Christmas and the new year.

Geoff, of Monks Walk, thanked friends and readers of the Stafford Post. He added: “I want to thank you all for you kind generosity and for the help you have give me and my little dog, Smokie.

“I have had him checked out prior to his operation and the Shire Veterinary have given him a clean bill of health. So now that I have nearly reached the target I need, he can go ahead, with his operation starting on January 13.

“I am over the moon to think Smokie will see me properly again with two bright eyes - it has been the best Christmas present I ever had.

“I would also like to thank the Stafford Post because if it had not have been for them, none of this would have happened.”

Geoff also made a special mention to his friends, Alex and Carol and Steve from the Naviagtion pub in Gnosall.

http://icstafford.icnetwork.co.uk/news/localnews/tm_headline=post-readers-help-save-smokie-sight%26method=full%26objectid=27972764%26siteid=87875-name_page.html
(Submitted by Nick Redfern)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You only need to enter your comment once! Comments will appear once they have been moderated. This is so as to stop the would-be comedian who has been spamming the comments here with inane and often offensive remarks. You know who you are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis